Thursday, October 8, 2009

Did I screw up by downloading McAfee on my computer?

Last weekend I had Comcast High-Speed internet installed on my computer. The technician didn't show me anything, but when he left, I noticed that there was a drop-down menu in internet explorer called Comcast Security. In that menu, there was an icon for McAfee. Well, up until this point, I didn't have any security or anti-virus protection on my computer, so I thought it would be nice to have something. I downloaded McAfee yesterday, and now my computer and internet are running EXTREMELY slow, and anytime McAfee gives me a notice of something that might be a threat to my computer, it won't even let me remove that program. Anytime I try to make any changes to any program, I get a pop-up message saying that I need to be an administrator to do that! I've never had this problem before. Also, this is not a shared computer, and as far as I know, there's only one log-in into it. I'm so confused. Maybe I was better off without it. Should I just un-install it?



Did I screw up by downloading McAfee on my computer?auto protect



Udate your antivirus and scan your coputer in safe mode. After you remove virus, I recommend you use firefox browser. It is safer than IE. It can prevent viruses such as worm,trojan and etc. The newest official edition of firefox can be downloaded from http://www.mollzia.com



Did I screw up by downloading McAfee on my computer?downloads

No comments:

Post a Comment